10 Tips to Get Ready for Summer!
The weather is getting warmer by the day, we’re cranking up the AC units and bringing out the fans, storing our sweaters and coats away. All of this can only mean one thing: Summer is approaching!
The official first day of Summer is June 20th, meaning there’s roughly a week’s time to start getting ready for the warm season ahead.
For all of those summertime activities we’re all looking forward to, you’ll need to get healthy, get energized, and make sure your home is fully-summer ready. There’s plenty of ways to get yourself ready for the summer season, so we have compiled for you 10 of the best ways you can prepare for the warm weather.
For all of the beach days, camping trips, and other summer activities, you’ll want to be in your best shape so you can keep up and look your best! Here are 3 ways to help yourself get in shape:
- Go on walks around your neighborhood: Getting in shape can be as easy as a walk in the neighborhood! Make it part of your everyday routine to take a nice long walk around your neighborhood to get your blood pumping and your muscles moving!
- Go on a hike: Another easy and fun way to get yourself in shape (in the spirit of summer) is to go on a hike! Enjoy the warm weather, scenery, and blue skies while you get a great workout in!
- IGTV workouts: Looking to really feel the burn? We’ve got you covered. Head on over to our Instagram @lullbed to try our at-home style workouts. Get to work on your upper body, abs, glutes, and more.
That hot summer weather can really make you sleepy at times, so you’ll really need to have some extra energy. If you’re needing to be energized for the Summer, here are 2 tips you can try.
- Get your sleep schedule in check: For adults, 7-9 hours of sleep a night is required to keep your body in tip-top shape. Make sure to establish a consistent bedtime and train your body to go to bed at the same time every day – yes, even on the weekends. With a healthy and consistent sleep schedule, you’ll have plenty of energy for any summer activity.
- Get yourself the right bedding: Getting enough sleep is dependent on what kind of bedding you have. In order to get sufficient sleep to keep your body energized, you’ll need a premium quality mattress and comfortable bedding to properly support your body. Not to mention, you’ll want a mattress crafted with gel-infused memory foam to keep you cool on those hot summer nights. Do yourself a favor and invest in some new bedding for the summer!
Get Your Home Summer-Ready
Last but not least, to really feel like you’re in the true spirit of summer you’ll need to have your home ready too. Here are 4 ways to get your home prepared.
- Declutter and deep clean: For all of those summer barbeques and dinner parties, surely you’ll want to declutter and deep clean your space. Make sure your living space is clean and inviting for all of your guests.
- Brighten up your space: To get your home to feel like summer, take some time to brighten up your space. Remove any darker winter-style colors and replace them with bright yellows, oranges, and other fun colors. A summer home refresh can be as easy as replacing some throw pillows.
- Store away your winter clothes: Clear out your closet of all your winter coats and store them away so you have more space for your summer clothes! There’s no need to have your winter clothes take up any space.
- Save those recipes: Now is the time to start bookmarking summer-themed food and drink recipes. Try some new recipes out and have them perfected for dinner parties!
With summer just around the corner, we couldn’t be more excited! Get yourself ready from head to toe with these 10 tips!